What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

On one condition...

Have I done it? Have I, in fact, taken the leap into Blogdom? Indeed I have. Though adamently opposed to my husband doing it in the beginning...my eyes have since been opened to the gloriousness of writing thoughts down so that they might be heard. (This IS glorious to me~ since the advent of Matt's "uh huh" in which he replies to my comments while staring off into a book, the computer, space-whatever the situation may be.) He thinks he is getting away with it, he thinks I don't know-but I know he is not really listening. I find myself talking anyway, pretending he is listening since I haven't spoken with an adult all day long....)
WELL-no longer! Now I have a blog. Something written for the whole world to see, even though I may only have one or two visitors from time to time.
Here comes the one condition....this blog will in no way shape or form, get in the way of my duties as wife, mother, homemaker, or any of the duties that are entailed therein. If it does-I will no longer blog. Period. I will not devote more time to the computer than to my daughter, I will not talk to my husband through the blog. Period. The end.
The result of this blog could be one of two things....anyone reading this could have their preconceived notion of my being a "blonde airhead" confirmed....OR they could be pleasantly surprised. We shall see....

9 comments:

Leah said...

Rebecca, welcome to Blogdom! I completely agree with your one condition! I will enjoy reading what you have to write and seeing what you have to share! Enjoy!

Scott M Terry said...

Well if we could only get that other Dutch person on board the whole gang would have Blogs. I like how you named your Blog after one of my favorite Jersey Bulls. Hollylane Renaissance was one of greats, at on time he was +16 for Conf. in Canada. His daughters were stylish, dairy, had wonderful mammary systems,had a tremendous spring of rib, and won all the big shows. Will this blog live up to its name?

Matt said...

What did you say about my wife's mammary system??

Rebecca said...

Hey now...does this blog need a moderator?!?!?!

Abigail said...

boyohboy! (since i never viewed you as a blonde airhead, perhaps you can pleasantly surprise me with some dull-witted, ditzy comments from time to time, instead of the other way 'round.) never fear, malnourished comments on your blog will not replace my letters to you; you can expect one within 7 days or fewer. (and beware: blogging spirals downward. john started innocently enough, but right now he's playing "resident evil" on a borrowed video game system.) lovely picture!

Rebecca said...

I hope to do you proud, Scott. And your Jersey Bull, too.

Abigail said...

but "resident evil" is centered around ridding the world of the very real menace of zombies, so i suppose this is a valid preparation for keeping his loved ones (i.e. myself and the girls) safe from the undead harm.

Scott M Terry said...

Matt Asked.....What did you say about my wife's mammary system??

Nothing. It was in reference to the Blog. Will it be ballanced.....or 3 quarterd. Will it be shallow enouph to last the years, yet have enouph capacity to produce the volume of product it needs to be relevant?

Rebecca said...

Abby-I am certainly glad to hear that. Nothing beats good old fashioned letters-especially YOUR kind! I can't wait! ! ! ! ! ! !
AS for John-what a truly loving husband is this-to ward off evil zombies. That would be classified under "taking dominion"..wouldn't it?!?!?! :-)